Thank you for considering being a vendor at Sarasota Veg Fest!
To participate, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
NOTE - We do not offer any electricity for this event, however you can bring your own generator. Your generator must follow the containment policy (details below) and will be inspected at the event.
It is important to note that generator spills can occur in a number of ways – during refueling or, for example, if the equipment is turned on and is not a sealed unit. As a result, Sarasota’s Parks & Recreation department wished to ensure all on-site generators have containment and that it receives inspection during the set-up process of a special event. They wish to do this in conjunction with the Federally-mandated guidelines for secondary container requirement.
To prevent the release of hazardous waste or hazardous constituents to the environment, you must provide secondary containment that meets the requirements of this section for all new and existing tank systems.
(a) Secondary containment systems must be:
(1) Designed, installed, and operated to prevent any migration of wastes or accumulated liquid out of the system to the soil, groundwater, or surface water at any time during the use of the tank system; and
(2) Capable of detecting and collecting releases and accumulated liquids until the collected material is removed.
(b) To meet the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, secondary containment systems must be, at a minimum:
(1) Constructed of or lined with materials that are compatible with the wastes(s) to be placed in the tank system and must have sufficient strength and thickness to prevent failure owing to pressure gradients (including static head and external hydrological forces), physical contact with the waste to which it is exposed, climatic conditions, and the stress of daily operation (including stresses from nearby vehicular traffic).
(2) Placed on a foundation or base capable of providing support to the secondary containment system, resistance to pressure gradients above and below the system, and capable of preventing failure due to settlement, compression, or uplift.
(3) Provided with a leak-detection system that is designed and operated so that it will detect the failure of either the primary or secondary containment structure or the presence of any release of hazardous waste or accumulated liquid in the secondary containment system within 24 hours.
(4) Sloped or otherwise designed or operated to drain and remove liquids resulting from leaks, spills, or precipitation. You must remove spilled or leaked waste and accumulated precipitation from the secondary containment system within 24 hours, or as promptly as possible, to prevent harm to human health and the environment.
requests outlined by our Parks & Recreation Manager
- No tents can be setup on the track. We prefer the perimeter in order to keep the integrity of the public amenity.
- Tents cannot be staked in the ground due to underground utilities. Please weight down all tents.
- No vehicles can drive into the park beyond the limits of the sidewalk, and no vehicles are allowed on the track.
- All setups must be accomplished with hand trucks.
- No oil/grease can be disposed on site.
- The Department will perform a pre- and post- inspection with photographs to note any damage.
* EXCLUSIVITY NOT GUARANTEED
aPlantBasedDiet.org reserves the right to accept or decline any application at its discretion.
All vendors are prohibited from conveying anything disparaging about the concept of veganism during the Festival
Each exhibitor must submit an individual application and payment. There is no sharing of booths or exhibit space without prior approval, which can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitors are responsible for the setup and breakdown of their booth/exhibit, and the removal of all materials.
Setup begins at Sunrise on the day of the Event, and all exhibitors must be ready for operation by 10:30 a.m.
All exhibitors are encouraged to bring hand trucks or wagons to transport their exhibit materials (particularly heavy items) into the park as you cannot drive vehicles into the park.
Exhibitors shall exhibit, sell, or give away only products, services and literature specified in the exhibitor application.
All food sold or given away must be vegan. Vegan means no animal products, i.e., flesh, fat, broth, gelatin, egg, dairy, or honey.
Because we seek to be a zero-waste event, all food-service disposable items such as plates, cups, and containers, must be compostable.
No plastic-bottled water is allowed to be sold in the park.
No balloons of any type are allowed in the park.
Exhibitors must staff their booths/exhibits for the duration of the entire event – from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – out of courtesy to patrons, other exhibitors and organizers of the event. Failure to follow this condition will result in exhibitor being ineligible to participate in future Veg Fests.
Each exhibitor will provide their own tent if desired (100 sq. ft. maximum — 10′ X 10′) and/or table (8 ft. maximum). All tents shall be weighted and not staked. This is an OUTDOOR event, so be prepared for the expected weather conditions.
Tying together 10’ x 10’ tents to make a larger tent is not permitted. If you need a space larger than 10’X10′, please contact email@example.com. There may be an additional fee for a larger space.
All tables, tablecloths, chairs and other staging materials must be provided by exhibitor.
Photos and video of you and your exhibitor table may be used for future outreach, education, marketing, or other purposes.
Animal organizations (or other types of organizations) that breed animals, or support the breeding of animals, are not permitted to participate in VegFest.
Exhibitors must have signage clearly identifying the name of the exhibitor. Food exhibitors must have signage clearly listing food offerings and prices.
All food exhibitors who are cooking/heating onsite and/or have a refrigerator must each have a fire extinguisher by order of the Fire Marshal (a small fire extinguisher will suffice.)
All food/restaurant exhibitors are encouraged (but not required) to give out free samples of their food products.
All food exhibitors are required to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance of at least $1Million with the following Named Insured Info on it: aPlantBasedDiet.org, 11665 Collier Blvd., Suite 580, Naples, FL 34116.
Although not required, it is highly recommended that all other exhibitors carry similar liability insurance as mentioned above.
Exhibitors agree to make no claim for any reason against event coordinators or aPlantBasedDiet.org for theft, damage, or destruction of goods, or for injury to themselves, employees, volunteers, or visitors incurred at the event.
Should any contingency interrupt or prevent the holding of the Event, including, but not limited to inclement weather, war, terrorism, or lockouts, the event coordinators and aPlantBasedDiet.org shall in no way be liable to exhibitors. Should any contingency prohibit the event from taking place as scheduled, event coordinators will make their best effort to reschedule the event on a weekend day as near to the original date as possible, but there is no guarantee that the fest will be rescheduled.
NO ALCOHOL PLEASE
Alcohol is prohibited to be sold or given away at our veg fests.